Karlštejn Castle was founded in 1348 by the Charles IV, King of Bohemia and Holy Roman Emperor as his private residence and a place of safekeeping royal treasures, especially his collections of holy relics and the Imperial Crown Jewels. In 1355 Charles IV stayed here for the first time, overseeing the construction and decoration work, especially in chapels. The construction was completed in 1365 when the Chapel of the Holy Cross in the Great Tower was consecrated.
All attenders of the wedding ceremony are allowed to come by car to the upper car park (for weddings only), just 250 meters from the First Gate. Two cars are allowed to arrive up to the castle as far as to the Second Gate (about 50 m from the Ceremonial Hall).
Wedding ceremonies are held at the Karlštejn in the representative premises of the building. The ceremonial hall is well accessible directly from the courtyard down the eight stairs.
Capacity for ceremony
Ceremony rental fee (CZK)
|Music after midnight||no|