Contact us for creating virtual view...
Karlštejn Castle was founded in 1348 by the Charles IV, King of Bohemia and Holy Roman Emperor as his private residence and a place of safekeeping royal treasures, especially his collections of holy relics and the Imperial Crown Jewels. In 1355 Charles IV stayed here for the first time, overseeing the construction and decoration work, especially in chapels. The construction was completed in 1365 when the Chapel of the Holy Cross in the Great Tower was consecrated.
All attenders of the wedding ceremony are allowed to come by car to the upper car park (for weddings only), just 250 meters from the First Gate. Two cars are allowed to arrive up to the castle as far as to the Second Gate (about 50 m from the Ceremonial Hall).
Wedding ceremonies are held at the Karlštejn in the representative premises of the building. The ceremonial hall is well accessible directly from the courtyard down the eight stairs.
The wedding costs include a fee for the Ceremonial Hall as well as for the registry:
• both bride and groom are citizens of the Czech Republic: CZK 10,000 (CZK 7,000 Ceremonial Hall, 3,000 registry fee)
• one is the citizen of the Czech Republic and one is a foreigner or without a permanent residence in the Czech Republic: CZK 12,000 (CZK 7,000 Ceremonial Hall, 5,000 registry fee)
• both are foreigners or both without a permanent residence in the Czech Republic: CZK 13,000 (CZK 7,000 Ceremonial Hall, CZK 6,000 registry fee)
In such case, you must sign a lease agreement with the Karlštejn Castle Management, and pay registry office fee for the wedding ceremony.
- Banquet Hall of the Imperial Palace - the interior of Tour 1, can be closed for tourists. Only in opening hours of the castle. Rental price: CZK 20,000 + registry fee
- Marian Courtyard - between the Marian Tower and the Great Tower. Open air wedding, only in opening hours of the castle. Rental price: CZK 20,000 + registry fee
Capacity for ceremony
Ceremony rental fee (CZK)
|Music after midnight||no|